Sadly, it got dark kinda quickly, but we plundered on and saw most of Rome in the dark! We went to the Coliseum, the Forum, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps all in the pitch dark! We got our photos taken with a real live gladiator, except when we didn't give him his requested 10 euros, his pursuit turned a little creepy.
The next morning we took the first of our many trains to Florence.
In Florence, I was reunited with so many friends! Friends from Wake and even a friend from home!
When I saw Kitten at the Duomo, I may have screamed just a little bit! Later that night, we all sat in Rebecca's friend's apartment and played card games and then games with sticky notes. Post-its plus a sharpie can be so much fun! There was a random guy that was visiting a friend that weekend but decided to stick it out with us in the apartment. I'm pretty sure that by the end of the night, he was thoroughly weirded out by us.
He said that most girls he knows don't laugh as much as we do and don't put post-its down their shirts. I wonder why he chooses to hang out with such normal people, when the alternative is just so much better? -Saturday morning started out very well with an authentic American breakfast at a hidden-away diner in Florence. We got American coffee in a glass that was larger than a shot glass. I don't understand why people here want to take 1 sip of coffee. How is that enough for them?? We saw the heaven that is the NYU Tuscany campus. The villa that my friend's take classes at is absolutely beautiful! It was stunning!
We departed Florence and travelled to Pisa, where we saw the Leaning Tower of Pisa and only the Leaning Tower. It was worth it to see about 20 nationalities all taking the same corny photo of themselves next to the tower, but I'm pretty sure everyone was asking themselves, "And why is this famous?"
The trip was completed after one more day in Rome and then a happy return to our casa in Barcelona! It was even happier when we entered our home and were told that we were missed by Pau! Our dreams have come true!!
No comments:
Post a Comment